University of Exeter is signed up to Universities UK concordat to support research integrity (2012).
Concordat confirms the principles and responsibilities common to all good research, outlined in:
- Singapore Statement (2010)
- European Code of Conduct for Research Integrity (2011)
These build on previous international agreements about ethical research, dating back to the Nuremburg Code (1947).
To ensure that research is conducted in an ethical and safe manner.
What should ethical research do?
- Safeguard and protect research subjects
- Reduce risk
- Ensure the quality of data and outcomes
- Encourage excellent research and good science
- Protect researchers